Friday, April 1, 2016

AP Language and Composition Current Events Blog for the Week of April 4

This week’s blog is very different from what we typically do.  

On Monday, you will all be receiving your scores from the mock exam.  As you will see, many of us still have a lot of work to do before the actual administration of the exam.

This week, I want you to look at all of your essays and the score that you made on them.  Then, in lieu of a current events blog, I want you to write a paragraph per essay telling me what you did well in that particular essay and what you need to improve.  In order to receive credit, your comments must be specific (ex: I need to clarify the purpose of the argument, or I need to connect my examples with my assertion) and you must provide actual evidence from your essay demonstrating what you’re talking about (ex: In paragraph 2 I discussed how encouraging kindness can be, but this is not what the prompt is asking me to do).


This blog will be worth 45 points (15 per essay) and is due by the start of school (7:45 am) on WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are in one of my English classes, please make sure to type your name at the beginning of your comment so that you will receive credit for your thoughts.